Two dead, up to 120 injured in Texas highway pileup
(Reuters) - A pileup of vehicles on foggy Interstate 10 in southeast Texas has killed at least two people and injured 80 to 120, eight to 10 of them seriously, said Deputy Rod Caroll of the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office.
"We have 18-wheelers on top of cars, we have cars on top of cars. It's just catastrophic," he said.
- Co-pilot spoke last words heard from missing Malaysian plane |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Crimea asks to join Russia after Soviet-style vote |
- Stocks near one-month low as western sanctions on Russia loom |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister