Banesto says may sell branches to Santander
MADRID Nov 23 (Reuters) - Spanish bank Banesto said on Friday it is considering the sale of some branches to its parent bank Santander as part of a periodic revision of its business strategy but that no decision has been taken.
Earlier, newspaper Cinco Dias said Santander was studying the integration of 350 branches of its 90-percent-owned subsidiary Banesto during the first quarter of 2013. (Reporting By Tracy Rucinski; Editing by Jesus Aguado)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'