Draghi - ECB should supervise all euro zone banks
FRANKFURT Nov 23 (Reuters) - The European Central Bank should supervise all euro zone banks, ECB President Mario Draghi said on Friday, adding that those EU countries not using the common currency should have the possibility of participating in joint supervision.
"To preserve financial stability, the Supervisory Board would be able to assert control over all banks in participating countries," Draghi said in a keynote speech to the European Banking Congress in Frankfurt.
"All member states, also the ones that have not adopted the euro, should have the possibility of participating in the single supervisor," he added.
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- New Russia sanctions threats as Ukraine stalemate goes on |
- Florida man charged with murdering son so he could play video games
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official