NYFED-Forex swaps with ECB totaled $3.306 bln in latest week
NEW YORK Nov 23 (Reuters) - The Federal Reserve provided $3.306 billion of liquidity to the European Central Bank in the latest week via its swap lines for foreign central banks, the New York Fed said on Thursday.
The European Central Bank was the only central bank to tap the Fed's facility, swapping the full amount.
The terms of the loan were eight days at 0.66 percent.
The Federal Reserve has established swap arrangements with the Bank of Canada, the Bank of England, the European Central Bank, the Swiss National Bank and the Bank of Japan in an effort to respond to the reemergence of strains in short-term funding markets in Europe.
The full Fed report can be found on:
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- At least 15 die in Israeli shelling of Gaza school as toll exceeds 750 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Minnesota man asked to leave Southwest flight after critical tweet