Baxter in talks to buy Gambro for $4 bln-Wall Street Journal
Nov 23 (Reuters) - Baxter International Inc is in talks to buy Swedish medical-equipment maker Gambro for about $4 billion in a bid to boost its kidney dialysis business, the Wall Street Journal reported on Friday.
Citing people familiar with the matter, the newspaper said the companies are trying to complete the deal within the next two to three weeks.
Baxter, based in suburban Chicago, also manufactures drug infusion pumps and blood therapy products.
Baxter could not be reached for comment and Gambro, which is owned by two Nordic private-equity firms, declined comment, the paper said.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper vows tighter security after Parliament attack |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement