Euro extends gains vs dollar, hits session high
NEW YORK Nov 23 (Reuters) - The euro extended gains versus the dollar to hit a session peak in early New York trade on Friday, helped by German data and hopes that Greece's lenders were nearing an agreement to release further aid for the debt-stricken country.
The euro rose as high as $1.2932, the strongest since Nov. 2. It was last at $1.2927, up 0.4 percent on the day.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls