Euro extends gains vs dollar, hits session high
NEW YORK Nov 23 (Reuters) - The euro extended gains versus the dollar to hit a session peak in early New York trade on Friday, helped by German data and hopes that Greece's lenders were nearing an agreement to release further aid for the debt-stricken country.
The euro rose as high as $1.2932, the strongest since Nov. 2. It was last at $1.2927, up 0.4 percent on the day.
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- UPDATE 4-Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together
- Obama reaffirms commitment to Japan on tour of Asia allies
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Putin warns of consequences |