Euro extends gains vs dollar, hits session high
NEW YORK Nov 23 (Reuters) - The euro extended gains versus the dollar to hit a session peak in early New York trade on Friday, helped by German data and hopes that Greece's lenders were nearing an agreement to release further aid for the debt-stricken country.
The euro rose as high as $1.2932, the strongest since Nov. 2. It was last at $1.2927, up 0.4 percent on the day.
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Yemeni al Qaeda says attack on hospital was mistake
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East