Euro rises to fresh three-week high after German IFO
LONDON Nov 23 (Reuters) - The euro rose to a three-week high against the dollar while European stocks trimmed losses on Friday after German IFO numbers showed a surprise improvement in business sentiment.
The euro touched a fresh three-week high of 1.2913 from $1.2880 before the data and breaking through resistance level of $1.2910, its 55-day moving average, after data showed the German business climate index had risen to 101.4 in Novemeber.
The pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 trimmed losses after the data to trade down 0.2 percent at 1,101.35 points, off a session low of 1,100.51.
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source