Seoul shares nudge up as Samsung Elec extends gains
SEOUL Nov 23 (Reuters) - South Korean shares edged higher in early trade on Friday as the start of the U.S. holiday shopping season spurred interest in consumer goods makers such as tech stocks.
Tech heavyweight Samsung Electronics Co Ltd rose 0.4 percent, after closing at a record-high in the previous session on expectations of strong earnings.
The Korea Composite Stock Price Index (KOSPI) was up 0.16 percent at 1,902.62 points at 0001 GMT. (Reporting by Joyce Lee; Editing by Richard Pullin)
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Yemeni al Qaeda says attack on hospital was mistake
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East