Nigeria Cbank issues FirstRand with merchant bank license
LAGOS Nov 23 (Reuters) - Nigeria's central bank has issued the first merchant banking licenses in more than a decade to South Africa's FirstRand and local firm FSDH, it said on Friday.
FirstRand and local firm FSDH are the first to secure the merchant banking license in Africa's most populous nation.
(Reporting by Chijioke Ohuocha and Oludare Mayowa; Editing by Tim Cocks)
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- Separatists say will allow 'trapped' Ukrainian forces to withdraw |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- U.N. says 43 Golan peacekeepers seized by Syria militants, 81 trapped