Russia drops lawsuit against Norway's Telenor
MOSCOW Nov 23 (Reuters) - Russia's Federal Anti-Monopoly Service has dropped a lawsuit against Telenor over an increase in the Norwegian telecoms group's stake in Vimpelcom , the cartel office said in a statement on Friday.
The lawsuit had been filed by FAS in April to contest the dominant position Telenor had at that time built up in Vimpelcom, whose strategic importance in Russia the regulator believed required it be kept free of foreign control.
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- Obama girls get dating advice from their watchful dad
- Seattle students protest gay Catholic school teacher's resignation
- Accused Colorado theater gunman competent to stand trial, evaluators say
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets