Canada's Carney says joins BoE at critical time for UK economy
OTTAWA Nov 26 (Reuters) - Bank of Canada Governor Mark Carney said on Monday he will take up the top role at the Bank of England at a critical time for the British and European economies.
Carney, whose BoE appointment is effective July 1, 2013, also said his continued role at the Global Financial Stability Board will reinforce reform efforts in the City of London.
- With no sign of missing plane, search spreads far across land and sea |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source