Canada's Carney says joins BoE at critical time for UK economy
OTTAWA Nov 26 (Reuters) - Bank of Canada Governor Mark Carney said on Monday he will take up the top role at the Bank of England at a critical time for the British and European economies.
Carney, whose BoE appointment is effective July 1, 2013, also said his continued role at the Global Financial Stability Board will reinforce reform efforts in the City of London.
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- U.S. House panel votes to authorize lawsuit against Obama
- Lawyers call for outside probe of 'bungled' Arizona execution |