Rpt-UK names Canadian Carney as new Bank of England chief
LONDON Nov 26 (Reuters) - Canadian central bank chief Mark Carney will take over the reins as Governor of the Bank of England next year, British finance minister George Osborne told parliament on Monday, announcing a surprise choice to replace outgoing BoE Governor Mervyn King.
"He is acknowledged as the outstanding central banker of his generation," Osborne said of Carney.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections