Rpt-UK names Canadian Carney as new Bank of England chief
LONDON Nov 26 (Reuters) - Canadian central bank chief Mark Carney will take over the reins as Governor of the Bank of England next year, British finance minister George Osborne told parliament on Monday, announcing a surprise choice to replace outgoing BoE Governor Mervyn King.
"He is acknowledged as the outstanding central banker of his generation," Osborne said of Carney.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |