UK to announce new BoE governor around 1530 GMT
LONDON Nov 26 (Reuters) - Britain's government is expected to announce the next governor of the Bank of England to parliament around 1530 GMT on Monday.
Parliament's website showed that a statement on the Bank of England was due after defence questions, which start at 1430 GMT and last around an hour.
Finance minister George Osborne is widely expected to be about to announce a successor to BoE Governor Mervyn King.
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Easter truce |
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry |