UK to announce new BoE governor around 1530 GMT
LONDON Nov 26 (Reuters) - Britain's government is expected to announce the next governor of the Bank of England to parliament around 1530 GMT on Monday.
Parliament's website showed that a statement on the Bank of England was due after defence questions, which start at 1430 GMT and last around an hour.
Finance minister George Osborne is widely expected to be about to announce a successor to BoE Governor Mervyn King.
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- Hong Kong crisis deepens after weekend clashes, talks set for Tuesday |
- U.S. military says air-drops weapons for Kurdish fighters near Kobani
- Japan stocks see biggest gain this year, lead sharp Asia rebound