Congo M23 rebel leader heads to Kampala for talks -M23 spokesman
KAMPALA Nov 26 (Reuters) - The leader of the Democratic Republic of Congo's M23 rebel group Colonel Sultani Makenga is travelling to the Ugandan capital Kampala at the invitation of the head of the Ugandan military, a rebel spokesman said on Monday.
"He's on his way to Kampala, he has been invited by the military chief of Uganda," Amani Kabasha told Reuters by phone from an undisclosed location.
The Ugandan military could not be immediately reached for comment.
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- North Korea frees U.S. Korean War veteran after seven weeks |
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge