Nikkei rises 1 percent, may test a 7-month high
TOKYO, Nov 26 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average rose 1 percent in early trade on Monday and may test a seven-month high, supported by climbs on Wall Street and expectations that a weaker yen will boost earnings for exporters. The Nikkei added 94.11 points to 9,460.91, and if it touches the 9,500 mark, it will be the first time since April. The broader Topix gained 1.0 percent to 784.02.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper pledges tougher security laws after attack |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients