Nikkei rises 1 percent, may test a 7-month high
TOKYO, Nov 26 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average rose 1 percent in early trade on Monday and may test a seven-month high, supported by climbs on Wall Street and expectations that a weaker yen will boost earnings for exporters. The Nikkei added 94.11 points to 9,460.91, and if it touches the 9,500 mark, it will be the first time since April. The broader Topix gained 1.0 percent to 784.02.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image