STXNEWS LATAM-OK of Independencia restructuring clears way for JBS takeover
The majority of creditors of Independencia, an insolvent meatpacker, approved a restructuring plan of the company's debt on Monday, removing one of the last remaining obstacles for the firm to be taken over by its larger rival JBS. JBS started out as a family butcher in Brazil and became the world's largest beef producer by assuming control of smaller firms, a strategy it has recently resumed.
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- Florida man charged with murdering son so he could play video games
- Ukraine separatists reject diplomatic deal to disarm |
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official