Mervyn King says Carney an outstanding successor
LONDON (Reuters) - Outgoing Bank of England Governor Mervyn King praised the choice of Canada's central bank chief Mark Carney as his successor on Monday.
"He represents a new generation of leadership for the Bank of England, and is an outstanding choice to succeed me," King said in a statement.
"Since Mark became Governor of the Bank of Canada, I have worked closely with him and admired his contributions to the world of central banking, in which he is widely respected."
- Scots vote on independence, United Kingdom's fate on knife-edge |
- Islamic State shows captive British journalist in new video
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- New evacuations ordered as California wildfire doubles in size |
- Chinese hacked U.S. military contractors: Senate panel