Mervyn King says Carney an outstanding successor
LONDON (Reuters) - Outgoing Bank of England Governor Mervyn King praised the choice of Canada's central bank chief Mark Carney as his successor on Monday.
"He represents a new generation of leadership for the Bank of England, and is an outstanding choice to succeed me," King said in a statement.
"Since Mark became Governor of the Bank of Canada, I have worked closely with him and admired his contributions to the world of central banking, in which he is widely respected."
(Reporting by Olesya Dmitracova; editing by Guy Faulconbridge)
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- India trims perks for U.S. staff in row over New York envoy arrest
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia |
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials