Patriots' Cunningham banned four games for substance abuse
(Reuters) - New England Patriots defensive end Jermaine Cunningham has been suspended four games for violating the National Football League's (NFL) policy on performance-enhancing substances, the league said on Monday.
Taken in the second round of the 2010 NFL Draft, Cunningham registered 2-1/2 sacks in 11 games this season for the AFC East division-leading Patriots (8-3).
Cunningham will be eligible to return to his team's active roster on December 24, in time for New England's regular season finale against Miami on December 30, the NFL said in a statement.
(Reporting by Steve Keating in Toronto; Editing by Frank Pingue)
- Malaysia air force chief denies saying lost plane tracked to west |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source