Patriots' Cunningham banned four games for substance abuse
(Reuters) - New England Patriots defensive end Jermaine Cunningham has been suspended four games for violating the National Football League's (NFL) policy on performance-enhancing substances, the league said on Monday.
Taken in the second round of the 2010 NFL Draft, Cunningham registered 2-1/2 sacks in 11 games this season for the AFC East division-leading Patriots (8-3).
Cunningham will be eligible to return to his team's active roster on December 24, in time for New England's regular season finale against Miami on December 30, the NFL said in a statement.
(Reporting by Steve Keating in Toronto; Editing by Frank Pingue)
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote