- 'The Office' finale draws season high of 5.7 million viewers
- IRS chief declines to identify employees involved in scandal
- Dow, S&P end at records, stocks mark fourth week of gains |
- Commuter trains collide in Connecticut, injuring up to 60 people
- Tech, labor brandish dueling studies in immigration fight
Death toll in Nigeria bombing rises to 15: army
KADUNA, Nigeria |
KADUNA, Nigeria (Reuters) - - The death toll from a double suicide bomb attack on a church inside a military barracks in northern Nigeria stood at 15 on Monday, the state governor said.
Two bombers struck a church on Sunday in the Jaji barracks in Kaduna state, one of many in the north where the Islamist sect Boko Haram is waging an insurgency to try to impose Sharia law on Nigeria. The previous death toll was announced as 11.
Kaduna State Governor Ibrahim Yakowa gave the new figure while on a visit to Jaji late on Monday, but did not say why the toll had gone up.
(Reporting by Garba Mohammed and Isaac Abrak; Writing by Tim Cocks; Editing by Jon Hemming)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this