Couche-Tard profit rises on acquisitions
Nov 27 (Reuters) - Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc, a Canadian convenience store operator, said on Tuesday its quarterly profit rose, helped in part by recent acquisitions and stronger merchandise sales.
The Laval, Quebec-based company's banners include Mac's and Circle K, and most of its locations sell motor fuel.
For the second quarter ended Oct. 14, earnings rose to $175.2 million, or 94 cents a share, from $113.5 million, or 61 cents, a year earlier. Revenue jumped 81 percent to $9.32 billion.
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Fed may hint on rate-hike plan as it prepares for policy turn
- Scots' support for independence lags on eve of referendum |
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies