Couche-Tard profit rises on acquisitions
Nov 27 (Reuters) - Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc, a Canadian convenience store operator, said on Tuesday its quarterly profit rose, helped in part by recent acquisitions and stronger merchandise sales.
The Laval, Quebec-based company's banners include Mac's and Circle K, and most of its locations sell motor fuel.
For the second quarter ended Oct. 14, earnings rose to $175.2 million, or 94 cents a share, from $113.5 million, or 61 cents, a year earlier. Revenue jumped 81 percent to $9.32 billion.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source