German lawmakers to vote on Greek aid on Friday - source
BERLIN Nov 27 (Reuters) - Germany's Bundestag lower house will vote on the release of delayed Greek aid on Friday, a parliamentary source said after consultations on Tuesday between leading lawmakers from the ruling centre-right coalition and the opposition.
Chancellor Angela Merkel's coalition and the main opposition Social Democrats and Greens said they will back the release of delayed Greek aid tranches, after euro zone finance ministers finally reached a deal on the country's debt sustainability.
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Pfizer considers $100 billion bid for AstraZeneca: report
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, U.S. boxer famous in folk song, dies at 76