Caixabank to buy nationalised Banco de Valencia for 1 euro - FROB
MADRID Nov 27 (Reuters) - Spain's bank restructuring fund called FROB confirmed on Tuesday that the country's third largest bank Caixabank will buy nationalised bank Banco de Valencia.
The deal will see the FROB inject 4.5 billion euros of funds into Banco de Valencia, which will then be sold to La Caixa for the nominal fee of 1 euro ($1.29).
The FROB will also assume losses of up to 72.5 percent for a period of ten years in certain assets held by Banco de Valencia, one of the hardest hit by the bursting of a property bubble in Spain in 2008. ($1 = 0.7733 euros) (Reporting by Nigel Davies; editing by Rodrigo de Miguel)
- Crunch time for Gaza truce talks as death toll passes 800 |
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |