Luxottica to take minority stake in Salmoiraghi & Vigano
MILAN Nov 27 (Reuters) - Italy's Luxottica, the world's biggest premium eyewear maker, will spend 45 million euros to become a minority shareholder in optical retailer Salmoiraghi & Vigano.
In a statement Luxottica said it had reached an agreement to buy new shares in Salmoiraghi & Vigano that will give it a 36 percent stake in the retailer.
Under the agreement, Luxottica and Salmoiraghi will have the right as of 2017 to exercise a call option to buy the shares both companies do not own. (Reporting by Antonella Ciancio, editing by Stephen Jewkes)
- Target confirms major card data theft during Thanksgiving
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- As Modi storms into India's election, a quiet alternative emerges
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |