Luxottica to take minority stake in Salmoiraghi & Vigano
MILAN Nov 27 (Reuters) - Italy's Luxottica, the world's biggest premium eyewear maker, will spend 45 million euros to become a minority shareholder in optical retailer Salmoiraghi & Vigano.
In a statement Luxottica said it had reached an agreement to buy new shares in Salmoiraghi & Vigano that will give it a 36 percent stake in the retailer.
Under the agreement, Luxottica and Salmoiraghi will have the right as of 2017 to exercise a call option to buy the shares both companies do not own. (Reporting by Antonella Ciancio, editing by Stephen Jewkes)
- 'Good night': Haunting final contact from missing Malaysian jet |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- France bans Monsanto GM maize ahead of sowing season
- North Korea fires 25 short-range and obsolete rockets: South Korea