Dollar gains vs euro after US consumer confidence data
NEW YORK Nov 27 (Reuters) - The dollar gained against the yen and the euro on Tuesday after data showed U.S. consumer confidence in November rose to a four-and-a-half-year high.
The dollar last traded at 82.24 yen, up 0.2 percent on the day. The dollar rose as high as 82.26 after the data versus 82.20 before its release.
The euro last traded at $1.2928, down 0.4 percent on the day. The euro fell to a session low of $1.2920 after the data versus $1.2938 before its release, according to Reuters data.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image