PVH posts bigger quarterly profit
Nov 27 (Reuters) - Clothing maker PVH Corp posted a bigger quarterly profit despite a slight drop in sales, as its higher margin Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger businesses grew faster.
For the third quarter ended Oct. 28, the company, which recently bought The Warnaco Group to unite the Calvin Klein underwear, jeans and sportswear lines, earned $165.41 million, or $2.24 a share - up from $112.24 million, or $1.54 a share, a year earlier.
Revenue was $1.64 billion, compared with $1.65 billion.
Shares of the company closed at $109.29 Tuesday on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions