PVH posts bigger quarterly profit
Nov 27 (Reuters) - Clothing maker PVH Corp posted a bigger quarterly profit despite a slight drop in sales, as its higher margin Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger businesses grew faster.
For the third quarter ended Oct. 28, the company, which recently bought The Warnaco Group to unite the Calvin Klein underwear, jeans and sportswear lines, earned $165.41 million, or $2.24 a share - up from $112.24 million, or $1.54 a share, a year earlier.
Revenue was $1.64 billion, compared with $1.65 billion.
Shares of the company closed at $109.29 Tuesday on the New York Stock Exchange.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Cortege departs to take Mandela's body to lie in state |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- UPDATE 2-U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Thai 'red shirts' prepare rally to back PM against protesters