Hutchison expects EU approval for Orange Austria buy
VIENNA Nov 27 (Reuters) - Hutchison Whampoa expects the European Commission to approve its 1.3 billion euro ($1.7 billion) takeover of Orange Austria after a linked deal was approved on Tuesday.
Telekom Austria got the go-ahead to buy Orange Austria's discount mobile brand Yesss, paving the way for the acquisiton of Orange Austria by Hutchison 3G, known as "3", to go ahead.
"Three welcomes the Austrian cartel court's approval of A1's acquisition of Yesss and also expects the European Commission to approve 3's takeover of Orange," Hutchison said in a statement, referring to Telekom Austria's main brand, A1. ($1 = 0.7713 euros) (Reporting by Georgina Prodhan)
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions