Hutchison expects EU approval for Orange Austria buy
VIENNA Nov 27 (Reuters) - Hutchison Whampoa expects the European Commission to approve its 1.3 billion euro ($1.7 billion) takeover of Orange Austria after a linked deal was approved on Tuesday.
Telekom Austria got the go-ahead to buy Orange Austria's discount mobile brand Yesss, paving the way for the acquisiton of Orange Austria by Hutchison 3G, known as "3", to go ahead.
"Three welcomes the Austrian cartel court's approval of A1's acquisition of Yesss and also expects the European Commission to approve 3's takeover of Orange," Hutchison said in a statement, referring to Telekom Austria's main brand, A1. ($1 = 0.7713 euros) (Reporting by Georgina Prodhan)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Teenager dies on Atlanta-bound flight, plane diverted
- U.S. ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal