Aeropostale quarterly profit rises slightly
Nov 28 (Reuters) - Teen apparel retailer Aeropostale Inc posted a slightly higher quarterly profit after it had warned of a weak back-to-school season.
For the quarter ended Oct. 27, Aeropostale, which competes with American Eagle Outfitters, Forever21 and others, earned $24.9 million, or 31 cents a share, compared with $24.1 million, or 30 cents a share, in the same quarter last year.
Sales rose 2 percent to $605.9 million.
Aeropostale shares closed at $14.12 Wednesday on the New York Stock Exchange.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote