BP confirms sale of North Sea assets to Abu Dhabi
LONDON Nov 28 (Reuters) - BP confirmed it would sell its interests in a number of North Sea oil and gas fields to Abu Dhabi National Energy Company for around $1.1 billion.
The assets include BP's interests in the Maclure, Harding and Devenick fields, BP said in a statement on Wednesday, confirming an earlier sources-based story.
BP has now largely completed its planned divestment of $38 billion in assets as it recovers from the effects of the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Bodies found trapped inside sunken South Korean ferry: coastguard |
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Israel space project gets $16 million boost from casino mogul Adelson
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official