BP suspension could affect Gulf lease awards-Interior Dept.
WASHINGTON Nov 28 (Reuters) - The U.S. Interior Department would not award any lease to British oil company BP Plc in Wednesday's Gulf of Mexico lease sale "unless and until" the company resolves its suspension from federal contracts, a department official said on Wednesday.
The department's Bureau of Ocean Energy Management did not comment on whether BP is participating in the sale of about 20 million acres off the Texas coast.
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- Obama, Castro shake hands as world says farewell to peacemaker Mandela |
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Rare Singapore riot forces soul searching over foreign workers