BP suspension could affect Gulf lease awards-Interior Dept.
WASHINGTON Nov 28 (Reuters) - The U.S. Interior Department would not award any lease to British oil company BP Plc in Wednesday's Gulf of Mexico lease sale "unless and until" the company resolves its suspension from federal contracts, a department official said on Wednesday.
The department's Bureau of Ocean Energy Management did not comment on whether BP is participating in the sale of about 20 million acres off the Texas coast.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack
- Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.