Canada says decision on CNOOC's Nexen bid coming in near future
OTTAWA Nov 28 (Reuters) - Canada will announce "in the near future" its verdict on two big foreign takeover bids as well as updated guidelines on foreign investment, Prime Minister Stephen Harper said on Wednesday.
The government is studying a proposal by China's CNOOC Ltd to buy Nexen Inc and a bid by Malaysia's Petronas for Progress Energy Resources Corp .
"We intend obviously to take decisions on a couple of particular matters along with some more general guidance to the marketplace. We intend to do that in the near future and that's all I'll say about that," Harper told a news conference.
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Missouri officials to reveal grand jury's decision on teen's shooting |
- Hagel, under pressure, resigns as U.S. defense secretary |
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
- Iran nuclear talks extended seven months after failing to meet deadline |
We are living longer but not creating financial plans to keep pace. Advisers give tips on how to make sure you don’t outlive your money. Video