France could cut GDF stake to finance steel rescue- union
PARIS Nov 28 (Reuters) - The French government is considering selling a 1 percent stake in energy group GDF Suez to finance a possible rescue of ArcelorMittal's Florange steelworks, a CFDT union official said on Wednesday after talks with the industry minister.
"The state would get (the cash from the sale of) 1 percent of GDP Suez, which would amount to 420 million euros," CFDT official Jean-Marc Vecrin said following a meeting with Industry Minister Arnaud Montebourg, who wants the state to step in and prevent the closure of two blast furnaces at Florange.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- With song and sadness, South Africans mourn Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image