France could cut GDF stake to finance steel rescue- union
PARIS Nov 28 (Reuters) - The French government is considering selling a 1 percent stake in energy group GDF Suez to finance a possible rescue of ArcelorMittal's Florange steelworks, a CFDT union official said on Wednesday after talks with the industry minister.
"The state would get (the cash from the sale of) 1 percent of GDP Suez, which would amount to 420 million euros," CFDT official Jean-Marc Vecrin said following a meeting with Industry Minister Arnaud Montebourg, who wants the state to step in and prevent the closure of two blast furnaces at Florange.
- Ferguson march muted, police officer disciplined over video |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist
- U.S. protests intercept of Navy jet by Chinese warplane