France could cut GDF stake to finance steel rescue- union
PARIS Nov 28 (Reuters) - The French government is considering selling a 1 percent stake in energy group GDF Suez to finance a possible rescue of ArcelorMittal's Florange steelworks, a CFDT union official said on Wednesday after talks with the industry minister.
"The state would get (the cash from the sale of) 1 percent of GDP Suez, which would amount to 420 million euros," CFDT official Jean-Marc Vecrin said following a meeting with Industry Minister Arnaud Montebourg, who wants the state to step in and prevent the closure of two blast furnaces at Florange.
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- F-16s dispatched for unresponsive pilot of small plane near D.C.
- Islamic State militants behead captive Lebanese soldier: video
- Car tied to suspected threat against Obama found in Connecticut