Mexico will press ahead with Pemex reforms - Pena Nieto
OTTAWA Nov 28 (Reuters) - Mexico's incoming governent will push ahead with planned reforms to state oil monopoly Pemex , but will not privatize the company, President-elect Enrique Pena Nieto told a news conference in Canada on Wednesday.
Pena Nieto wants to shake up the energy sector by opening up Pemex to more private investment, hoping it will help boost production. He will take office on Dec. 1.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'