Mexico will press ahead with Pemex reforms - Pena Nieto
OTTAWA Nov 28 (Reuters) - Mexico's incoming governent will push ahead with planned reforms to state oil monopoly Pemex , but will not privatize the company, President-elect Enrique Pena Nieto told a news conference in Canada on Wednesday.
Pena Nieto wants to shake up the energy sector by opening up Pemex to more private investment, hoping it will help boost production. He will take office on Dec. 1.
- U.S., Arab partners launch first strikes in Syria
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- Louisiana judge rules state's gay marriage ban unconstitutional
- Ebola could strike 20,000 in six weeks, "rumble on for years" - study