Mexico will press ahead with Pemex reforms - Pena Nieto
OTTAWA Nov 28 (Reuters) - Mexico's incoming governent will push ahead with planned reforms to state oil monopoly Pemex , but will not privatize the company, President-elect Enrique Pena Nieto told a news conference in Canada on Wednesday.
Pena Nieto wants to shake up the energy sector by opening up Pemex to more private investment, hoping it will help boost production. He will take office on Dec. 1.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |