Mexico will press ahead with Pemex reforms - Pena Nieto
OTTAWA Nov 28 (Reuters) - Mexico's incoming governent will push ahead with planned reforms to state oil monopoly Pemex , but will not privatize the company, President-elect Enrique Pena Nieto told a news conference in Canada on Wednesday.
Pena Nieto wants to shake up the energy sector by opening up Pemex to more private investment, hoping it will help boost production. He will take office on Dec. 1.
- Israel knocks out Gaza power plant, digs in for long fight |
- Special Report: Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine
- EU agrees first broad sanctions on Russia; Ukraine fighting kills dozens