Monte Paschi shares lower after ups state aid request
MILAN Nov 28 (Reuters) - Shares in Italy's Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena were lower in early trading on Wednesday after the bank said it had raised the amount of state aid it was requesting.
Earlier on Wednesday Italy's No. 3 bank said it had decided to increase the amount of the special bonds it is issuing to the Italian Treasury by 500 million euros to 3.9 billion euros.
At 0806 GMT Monte Paschi shares were down 1.74 percent. (Reporting By Stephen Jewkes)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- U.S., allies stage 22 air strikes in Iraq: U.S. Central Command