CNOOC, Nexen pull and resubmit US deal application
CALGARY, Alberta Nov 27 (Reuters) - China's state-owned CNOOC Ltd and its Canadian takeover target Nexen Inc said on Tuesday they withdrew and resubmitted their application for U.S. approval of their $15.1 billion deal, as Canada gets close to a crucial decision on whether to approve the transaction.
The energy companies said discussions with the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States are still going on, "with a view to completing the CFIUS review process as expeditiously as possible."
They did not provide a reason for the move.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |