Saudi King Abdullah appears for first time since Nov. 17 surgery
JEDDAH, Saudi Arabia
JEDDAH, Saudi Arabia Nov 28 (Reuters) - Saudi King Abdullah has appeared on state television for the first time since his 11-hour back operation on Nov. 17, helping assuage fears over his health.
In pictures broadcast on state television, the monarch, who is in his late 80s, looked in good health as he was shown receiving members of the royal family in Riyadh.
- Restraint marks Ferguson, Missouri protests for third straight night |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- Trucks from aid convoy to Ukraine start crossing back into Russia |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist