US Justice Dept allows WellPoint-Amerigroup deal with conditions
WASHINGTON Nov 28 (Reuters) - WellPoint Inc can move forward with its $4.5 billion purchase of health insurance rival Amerigroup Corp after Amerigroup alleviated antitrust concerns by selling operations in Virginia, the U.S. Justice Department said on Wednesday.
Without the sale, the combined company would have had a monopoly in the northern Virginia suburbs outside Washington, the Justice Department said.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections