US Justice Dept allows WellPoint-Amerigroup deal with conditions
WASHINGTON Nov 28 (Reuters) - WellPoint Inc can move forward with its $4.5 billion purchase of health insurance rival Amerigroup Corp after Amerigroup alleviated antitrust concerns by selling operations in Virginia, the U.S. Justice Department said on Wednesday.
Without the sale, the combined company would have had a monopoly in the northern Virginia suburbs outside Washington, the Justice Department said.
- Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine; China seizes ship
- South Korea president says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Australia sees 'regroup' on Malaysian plane search in a few days |
- At Mt. Gox bitcoin hub, 'geek' CEO sought both control and escape