Brazil to issue dollar-denominated debt this year-Treasury sec
BRASILIA Nov 29 (Reuters) - Brazil plans to issue international debt denominated in U.S. dollars this year, Treasury Secretary Arno Augustin said in a press conference on Thursday.
Augustin added that the current exchange rate of Brazil's currency, the real, is "closer to what we believe is best for the economy."
At 3:26 p.m. (1726 GMT), the real was trading 0.35 percent weaker at 2.0968 per U.S. dollar.
- Israel says shoots down Gaza drone as calls for truce mount |
- Ukraine says Russian army officers fighting with rebels
- German database study hints diabetes drug cuts Alzheimer's risk
- Exclusive: YouTube weighs funding efforts to boost premium content - sources
- Six people injured when camera catches fire at 30 Rockefeller Plaza