Brazil bank lending rises in October; defaults stable
BRASILIA Nov 29 (Reuters) - Outstanding loans in Brazil's banking system rose 1.4 percent in October from September, the central bank said on Thursday.
Loans in arrears for 90 days or more were the equivalent of 5.9 percent of outstanding loans last month, unchanged for a fourth month, according to the bank's report.
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- U.S. economy back on track with strong second-quarter rebound |
- Argentina fails to reach debt agreement, default looms
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’