Spain savings bank Ibercaja to acquire Caja 3
MADRID Nov 29 (Reuters) - Spanish savings bank Ibercaja Banco will take over peer Banco Grupo Caja 3, formed by the fusion of three savings banks, the two lenders said on Thursday.
The acquisition will go ahead once Caja 3's restructuring plans are approved, the banks said.
Ibercaja needs to beef up its capital by 226 million euros ($293 million) to weather a serious downturn of the economy, according to an independent audit released in September, while Caja 3 had needs of 779 million euros.
An early plan to merge three entities - Ibercaja, Liberbank and Caja 3 - was called off after the audit revealed the potential group had a combined deficit gap of 2.1 billion euros. ($1 = 0.7705 euros) (Reporting by Clare Kane; Editing by Fiona Ortiz)
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Canada probes Michael Zehaf-Bibeau as possible suspect in Ottawa shooting: source
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade