Chile October manufacturing jumps 19.7 pct vs September
SANTIAGO Nov 29 (Reuters) - Chilean manufacturing production surged a seasonally adjusted 19.7 percent in October from September and grew a stronger-than-forecast 9.1 percent from a year earlier, the government said on Thursday.
Extra working days and a pick-up in already buoyant domestic demand boosted the indicator, the INE statistics agency said.
A Reuters poll saw the index bouncing back in October by 2.7 percent from a year earlier after a sharp fall in September, partly because of a greater number of working days in the month and a low base of comparison.
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |