NYFED-Forex swaps with ECB totaled $3.266 bln - NY Fed
NEW YORK Nov 29 (Reuters) - The Federal Reserve provided $3.266 billion of liquidity to the European Central Bank in the latest week via its swap lines for foreign central banks, the New York Fed said on Thursday.
The ECB was the only central bank to tap the Fed's facility for the week ended Nov. 28, swapping the full amount.
The terms of the loan were six days at 0.67 percent.
The Fed has established swap arrangements with the Bank of Canada, the Bank of England, the ECB, the Swiss National Bank and the Bank of Japan in an effort to respond to the reemergence of strains in short-term funding markets in Europe.
The full Fed report can be found on:
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Teenager dies on Atlanta-bound flight, plane diverted
- U.S. ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal