Gildan profit rises on higher printwear sales volume
Nov 29 (Reuters) - Clothing maker Gildan Activewear Inc posted an 84 percent rise in fourth-quarter profit, helped by higher printwear sales volumes, and the Canadian company increased its quarterly dividend by 20 percent.
Net income rose to $89 million, or 73 cents per share, from $48.5 million, or 40 cents per share, a year earlier.
Net sales rose 17 percent to $561.7 million.
Gildan, which supplies to the screenprint market in the United States and Canada, raised its quarterly dividend to 9 cents per share.
- Malaysian plane still missing; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media