Magna takeover of German auto parts maker cleared in EU
BRUSSELS Nov 29 (Reuters) - Canadian auto parts maker Magna International Inc secured EU regulatory approval on Thursday for its 308-million-euro ($397.61 million) purchase of German car hydraulic pump manufacturer Ixetic Verwaltungs GmbH.
Ixetic, a manufacturer of hydraulic and vacuum pumps used in automobiles, made 300 million euros in sales last year. The company has two manufacturing facilities in Germany, and one each in Bulgaria and China.
The European Commission said the proposed deal would not hurt competition.
"Customers would still have sufficient alternative suppliers in all markets concerned," the EU executive said in a statement.
- Malaysia Airlines denies crash report, says plane still missing |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media